These are Google Earth Pro Places files that I’ve created for the Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor.
- Outline of the Corridor Boundary (Updated 7/13/09)
- Paths of the Waterways based on USGS topographic maps and Google Earth views (Updated 4/21/15)
- Walking Driving & Canoe Tours from the tour brochures (Updated 2015-10-21)
- Bicycle trails both paved and unpaved (Updated 4/21/15)
- George Washington Presidential Trail (Updated 11/26/10)
- National Historic Landmarks in the BRVNHC (Updated 9/7/10)
- National Register of Historic Places sites in the BRVNHC (Updated 9/8/10)
- Natural Resource Sites & Areas from the NPS Blackstone Valley Natural Resources map and reports (Updated 2015-10-21)
- Other Sites (Updated 9/7/10)
- Cemeteries (Updated 11/28/10)
- The Parklands 1913 Map Overlay (Updated 11/28/09)
I’ve created some custom icons for Google Earth, feel free to use these icons but please host copies of the icons on your own server. If you don’t have access to a server then you can use the icons on my server but please let me know about it so that I can account for your traffic in my stats.
For the tours I created a set of circles with numbers based on the standard Google Earth circle icon.
I created this cemetery icon by hacking the Google Earth gas pump icon and I created the rest of these icons from scratch.
In the Natural Resource Sites & Areas file I’ve used a set of number icons for the sites. I got these icons from the no longer online, Google Mapki sites Icon Image Sets page.
Like the icons I’ve created, I prefer you host them on your own server but if you must you can use the copies I’ve hosted here.